Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Library of Scripture Set to Music


thing of beauty is a joy forever. So said Keates, and it is much easier to study things that are beautiful and have proportion than those that are jumbled and disorganized. I am building a publicly available library of mp3 files on this blog. I intend to have a single post where all the files can be accessed through links according to their position in the scriptures.

This project is intended to create a tool for easy memorization of key scripture passages that will be a sword against heresy and a comfort in times of adversity and temptation to those who meditate on them. The format for each song will be: Chapter and Verse Citation, followed by the text of the Citation, followed by a repetition of the Chapter and Verse, all set to music. In almost every case (except a few Psalms I will note which are still quite close to the literal text but might shift material out of order for musical reasons), the lyrics are directly from different close translations of Scripture like the ESV, NRSV, and KJV without omissions. All of the music is either my own or was adapted from publicly available online sources.

I will not claim the music to be the apex of style or audio quality, but rather the goal is to create pieces that are durable and that I have found useful for my own memorization of scripture.
I have used many different sources including classical music, modern music and chant, and I plan to build on this collection. Any copyright infringement is unintentional and the material will be taken down at the owner's request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment.